Façade and exterior building improvements have a positive impact on the overall appearance and vitality of Glencoe's businesses. The Village offers eligible small businesses a unique opportunity to facilitate these desired exterior improvements through the Small Business Improvement Program (SBIP). The program seeks to enhance Glencoe’s image as a retail, dining and entertainment destination as well as to provide assistance to independent merchants. By making a financial investment in those businesses that avail themselves to the SBIP, the Village will strengthen the competitive advantage of conducting business in Glencoe and strengthen the Village’s tax base. SBIP is a 50/50 cost sharing program where the Village will pay the cost of 50% of approved and eligible improvements, up to a maximum of $5,000 per project. This program is a partnership designed to provide stimulus and assistance to encourage building improvements that preserve the character of the Village.
Links to Regional, State and Federal Business Resources
- Illinois workNet Center – The workNet Center provides resources, tools and connections for job seekers and businesses.
- Small Business Development Centers – Small Business Development Centers are located throughout Illinois and provide information, confidential business guidance, training and other resources to start-up and existing businesses.
- State of Illinois Business Portal – The State of Illinois provides a portal with information related to starting and running a business, data and statistics, and other industry-specific resources.
- Illinois Department of Economic Opportunity – The Illinois Department of Economic Opportunity provides information and services to businesses related to business development, community assistance, community development, employment and training, energy and recycling, entrepreneurship, film, minority economic empowerment, tourism, trade and investment, urban assistance and more.
- Illinois Secretary of State – The Illinois Secretary of State manages business registrations for limited liability corporations, limited partnerships/limited liability partnerships, corporations, S corporations and more.
- Illinois Department of Employment Security – The Illinois Department of Employment Security provides labor market information and operates the state’s unemployment insurance program.
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission – The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission provides information regarding required employer workers’ compensation insurance and adjudicates disputes between employees and employers regarding work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Illinois Department of Revenue – The Illinois Department of Revenue serves as the tax collection agency for the State of Illinois and local governments; regulates the manufacture, distribution and sale of alcoholic beverages and more.
- Illinois Department of Labor – The Illinois Department of Labor is responsible for the administration and enforcement of labor and workplace safety laws, and provides information regarding required federal and state labor law postings.
- U.S. Small Business Administration – The U.S. Small Business Administration provides programs and services to help businesses plan, start and grow, and offers various grants, financial assistance programs, contracting opportunities, compliance assistance, disaster assistance, training and more.