Voter Information

voteimage_generalVoter Eligibility

To register to vote, you must be:
  1. A U.S. citizen
  2. At least 18 years-old by Election Day
  3. A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
  4. Not be convicted and in jail
  5. Not claim the right to vote anywhere else

Voting in Glencoe

Registered voters should note that there are multiple polling locations in Glencoe. Please confirm your polling location prior to election day. For more information about your voting district, visit the Illinois State Board of Elections District Search.

For full information about your voting district, early voting and elections, visit the Cook County Clerk's Office website or call (312) 603-0906.

Upcoming Elections

  • November 6, 2018 - Gubernatorial Election Day
  • February 26, 2019 - Consolidated Primary Election Day
  • April 2, 2019 - Consolidated Election Day

Early Voting information

Polls will be open from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Election Day. Residents who are unsure of their voter registration status, polling place or precinct may visit the Cook County Clerk website's Voter Information Page. Go to Voter Information.

Regulations for Campaign Signs in Glencoe

Per the Village's Zoning Code, political campaign signs are allowed to be displayed in Glencoe during election season with the following guidelines:

  • Signs may be located anywhere on private property.
  • No signs may be located within a public right-of-way. In most cases, the public right-of-way is the area between the sidewalk and the street (the parkway). Signs on public property will be removed by the Village.
  • Each sign must be less than six square feet in area and four feet in height.
  • For each property, only one sign per candidate or issue may be displayed. Please note that at all other times, such signs must comply with applicable setback requirements and more restrictive area requirements.  The above requirements are for campaign signs during election season only.
  • To report signs on public property or for any questions please contact the Public Works Department at 847-835-4111.