Reminders for a Safe and Fun Halloween
Trick-or-Treating in Glencoe is from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Monday, October 31
Business district trick-or-treating from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, October 28 (learn more below)
Tips and Reminders from Glencoe Public Safety
- Let trick-or-treaters know your home is passing out treats by turning on your exterior lights. Trick-or-treaters, be sure to respect homes not participating this year.
- Remember to be respectful of businesses participating in the Halloween Hello event on October 28 by walking slowly through stores and knocking politely.
- Never trick-or-treat alone. A responsible adult should always accompany children while trick-or-treating.
- For visibility we recommend children and adults wear something lit or visible in the dark, such as a flashlight, glow bracelet or necklace, or flashing attire.
- Choose costumes that are flame resistant, do not obstruct a child’s vision and do not drag on the ground.
- Trick-or-treaters should watch for traffic, obey all traffic signs, look before crossing the street and never cross the street between parked cars or in the middle of the block.
- Motorists should take extra caution while traveling through town on Halloween and be alert for trick-or-treaters.
- Don’t forget to wait before you eat your treats! Make sure a parent or guardian inspects the candy first.
- Finally, to prevent the spread of illness, do not trick-or-treat or pass out treats if you feel unwell.
Village Hall-oween | Friday, October 28 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Village Hall
Celebrate Halloween early in Glencoe! Stop by Village Hall in your costume for a spooky family-friendly experience, special treat and visit with Family Service of Glencoe for even more fun from 1-5 p.m.
Plus as part of the Chamber of Commerce Halloween Hello event, trick-or-treat at participating businesses downtown and visit the Glencoe Historical Society's "Ghosts in the Garden" experience from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.