Halloween trick-or-treating will take place in Glencoe on Sunday, October 31 from 4 to 8 p.m. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Village recommends the following:
- Do not participate in trick-or-treating if you are feeling unwell.
- Consider creative ways to incorporate face masks into costumes.
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times.
- To help trick-or-treaters determine which houses are welcoming trick-or-treaters, print this sign and hang it on your door or window! Residents can also turn on their porch or exterior lights to let trick-or-treaters know they are welcome. Please be respectful of others and their respective decisions to participate/not participate in trick-or-treating this year.
- Homes should consider distributing non-food treats that parents can disinfect before giving to kids. Participants should wash hands and use hand sanitizer throughout the evening.
- As in every year, Public Safety recommends having each child carry or wear something lit or visibility, such as a flashlight, glow bracelet or necklace or flashing attire. At least one person in each group should carry a flashlight.
- Do not trick-or-treat in large groups ; trick-or-treat as a household.
- Watch for traffic, obey all traffic signs and never cross the street between parked cars/in the middle of the block.