Village Winter Reminders
During the winter, Public Works crews work diligently to plow Village streets and clear sidewalks. Please read the following helpful reminders regarding the Village's snow and ice control program to help Public Works and keep our community safe throughout the upcoming winter season:
- During snow events, parking on Village streets is prohibited.
- Depending upon the amount of snowfall during an event, Village plow trucks may need to make several passes to ensure that streets are fully open, curb-to-curb.
- Streets with the greatest need (those with the highest amounts of traffic) are treated first, followed by side-streets. Culs-de-sac and dead-ends are usually the least traveled and are treated last.
- Driveways are often impacted by snow removal. Please remember when shoveling or snowblowing snow from your driveway to place snow to the “downstream side” to help reduce the snow pushed across your driveway. See image below.
- To help the Public Safety Department, please help keep fire hydrants clear of snow.
- Residents should remind their private snow plow contractors that plowing and piling snow across the street and on adjacent properties is not permitted.
If you have any questions about the Village's snow and ice control practices, please contact Public Works at (847) 835-4111.