Shop Local: Support Glencoe Restaurants and Businesses
(Updated April 6, 2020)
Governor J.B. Pritzker announced a State-wide stay at home order, beginning Thursday, March 21 at 5 p.m. through the end of the day on Thursday, April 30. This measure is being implemented to help limit further spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Read the order along with frequently asked questions provided by the Governor.
What Governor’s Stay at Home Order Means for Glencoe Residents and Businesses
Please note: This information is based on the most recent communication from the Governor and will be updated as additional information is available.
The stay at home order means that residents must stay in their homes unless you need to leave for an essential service or supplies. Essential services and supplies include things like healthcare, groceries, medicine and medical supplies, hardware and home maintenance supplies, cleaning supplies, pet supplies, banking and more. Restaurants will continue to be open for pickup and delivery. Garbage collection and public utilities (such as electricity, natural gas and telecommunications) will continue to operate. A full list is included in the Governor’s order.
During this time, the Village asks that residents please support Glencoe’s small restaurants and businesses, many of which have pickup, delivery and/or other service accommodations. The Village will be compiling service information about Glencoe restaurants and businesses below. If you are a Glencoe business owner/employee, please contact Management Analyst/Deputy Village Clerk at email@example.com or (847) 461-1100 to add your business’ information to the list.
Restaurants (listed alphabetically):
- An Apple a Day/Meg’s Café: Offering curbside pickup and free delivery from a limited menu, Monday-Saturday, from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Please call (847) 835-2620.
- Dunkin' Donuts: Offering carry-out and mobile pickup services. Please call (847) 786-4066.
- Frank and Betsie’s: Open from 4 to 8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and from 3 to 7 p.m. on Sundays. Offering curbside pickup and carry-out for full menu. Additionally, the restaurant is offering delivery services with credit card payment over the phone. Please call (847) 446-0404.
- Guildhall: Offering curbside carry-out services from 3-8 p.m. daily. Please call (847) 835-8100.
- Guanajuato: Offering curbside pickup and delivery, as well as Uber Eats and DoorDash.
- Hometown Coffee & Juice: Offering curbside delivery and carry out orders for full menu. Customers can call (847) 242-0220 to place their orders, or can download the Hometown Coffee & Juice application on the App Store or Play Store.
- Little Red Hen: Offering carry-out and delivery service. Please call (847) 835-4900. 5% of your online order will go to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Starbucks: Offering carry-out services. Customers can utilize the Starbucks mobile application as usual, as well as Uber Eats for delivery. Please call (847) 835-8098.
- Shanghai Garden: Closed.
- Valor: Offering full regular menu and new “comfort” dishes through carry-out and Glencoe delivery. Please place orders at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (847) 786-4324.
Businesses (listed alphabetically):
- Three Twelve Tudor: Closed.
- BlackSheep General Store: Closed.
- Foodstuffs: Offering curbside pickup and delivery. Please call (847) 835-5105.
- J. Terri Ross Salon: Closed. Offering curb-side pickup for custom mix kits and products.
- Jill Alberts Jewelry: Closed. Offering virtual jewelry appointments, delivery, gift cards and online shopping. Call Jill Alberts Jewelry at (773) 458-3195.
- La Relance Salon: Closed. Shop La Relance products online or donate to the La Relance staff fundraiser.
- Law Office of Norman Bloch: Offering consultations through e-mail and telephone at email@example.com and (847) 835-0308.
- Love Fur Dogs: Closed.
- Mini of Glencoe: Open but reduced hours. Offering pick-up and delivery for service customers upon request.
- MiTe Printing: Closed.
- North Shore Exchange: Retail locations are closed, but online orders are still being accepted.
- North Shore Community Bank: Drive-up location at 633 Vernon Avenue is open, but bank branch at 362 Park Avenue is closed.
- Pascal Pour Elle: Closed.
- The Flower Shop: Closed.
- The Grand Food Center: Store hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning from 7 to 8 a.m. is designated for senior citizens.
- The House: Offering virtual tutoring, academic support and test prep. Please visit The House's website for more information.
- The Sweet Buddha: Offering free delivery of gift baskets and more. Please call Sarah at (312) 804-9900 to order a basket or gift card.
- The Wild Child: Accepting phone orders and will deliver. Please call (847) 835-3400 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Valentina: Closed.
- Chicago Botanic Garden: Closed until April 30.
- Glencoe Youth Services: Providing virtual hangouts for local students weekdays from 3 to 6 p.m. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your child to participate.
- Writers Theatre: Performances have been suspended until further notice. To purchase a gift certificate for a future performance, please call the Box Office at (847) 242-6000 Tuesday-Sunday from Noon -5 p.m.