Glencoe Closes Village Hall to the Public Beginning March 16
(Updated March 18, 2020)
The Village of Glencoe will close Village Hall to the public the week of March 16, 2020, while critical operations, including services provided by our Public Safety Department, Public Works Department and the Glencoe Water Plant will not be impacted. Village of Glencoe employees that support the administrative functions normally from Village Hall will perform their work remotely. Residents will be able to access some Village services online and call or e-mail the Village with questions during regular business hours. The Glencoe Golf Club will also be closed to the public during this time.
The Village made this decision based on recommendations from Governor J.B. Pritzker on March 12 advising organizations throughout the State of Illinois to consider social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. If you are feeling sick, first call your primary care doctor. Stay home and limit contact with others. Follow your doctor’s and the CDC's recommendations for what to do if you are sick.
Residents can find contact information by service area on the Village’s website at www.villageofglencoe.org. Likewise, residents may call (847) 835-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Public Safety’s non-emergency line at (847) 835-4112. They can also process payments for water bills, vehicle sticker and pet license renewals or other transactions at www.villageofglencoe.org/pay. Building and engineering inspections will be suspended during this time.
If residents need to get in contact with a Village department or staff member, please select from the following list:
- EMERGENCY public safety services: Call 9-1-1 for police, fire and emergency medical services.
- Non-emergency public safety services: Please call the Public Safety Department at (847) 835-4112.
- Utility billing, vehicle and animal license, alarm permit and other finance questions: Please contact Accounts Receivable Coordinator Julie Geyer at (847) 461-1109 or Utility Billing Coordinator Neringa Shapiro at (847) 461-1110.
- Garbage and recycling questions: Please contact Lakeshore Recycling Systems at (773) 685-8811.
- Building, zoning and permitting questions: Please contact Development Services Manager Taylor Baxter at (847) 461-1118 or email@example.com, or Planner Rich McGowan at (847) 461-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All permit applications and resubmittals must be in PDF format and sent to email@example.com. Building, engineering and fence inspections will be conducted by FaceTime/video and photos. When an inspection is scheduled, inspectors will contact applicants with further instructions.
- Engineering services: Please contact Civil Engineer James Tigue at (847) 461-1119.
- General Public Works service requests: Please call the Public Works Department at (847) 835-4134. Sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water inspections will continue as usual at this time, as will water taps and disconnections.
- COVID-19 questions: Please contact the Cook County Department of Public Health with specific COVID-19 questions at (708) 633-4000, press 3. You may also contact the Illinois Department of Public Health COVD-19 hotline calling (800) 889-3931 or e-mailing DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
The Glencoe Public Library and the Glencoe Park District have also announced temporary closures of their facilities, while District 35 and New Trier Township High School announced remote learning schedules next week.
The Village Board will hold its monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 17 at 7 p.m., instead of Thursday, March 19. The March Committee of the Whole and Finance Committee meetings have been cancelled. Other public meetings have also been cancelled until further notice.
In addition to its own response planning, the Village has also established contingency plans in collaboration with neighboring communities, and is working closely with the park district, school districts and library to assist their operations as needed.
The Village is monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak closely and receiving frequent updates from our federal, state and regional public health partners. The Village will continue to evaluate and make decisions based on the guidance from these trusted sources and will provide updates on closures and other developments as information becomes available. Residents are encouraged to visit the Village’s website; follow the Village on Facebook, Twitter and NextDoor; and sign up for the Village eNews. The Village will use share information on these platforms as it is available.
The Village recommends residents refer to these credible resources for timely and accurate information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Sign up for the latest updates here.
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Cook County Department of Public Health
Residents can also use these resources for questions and concerns:
- Call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV anytime (24 hours a day, seven days a week).
- If you are sick, first call your primary care doctor. Stay home and limit contact with others. Follow the CDC's recommendations for "What To Do If You Are Sick."
- If you or someone you know (adults or children) are experiencing fear and anxiety about coronavirus, review the CDC's information about Mental Health and Coping with COVID-19.
- Family Service of Glencoe (FSG) will remain a valuable resource for the community. Please contact FSG at (847) 835-5111 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local utility information: