Village Snow Removal Reminders
This winter has had no shortage of cold weather and large snow fall events. To combat snowfall and ice build-up, Public Works crews work diligently to plow Village streets and clear sidewalks. Please take some time to review the following Village snow removal reminders to keep all safe throughout the winter season:
- During snow events, parking on Village streets is prohibited.
- Depending upon the amount of snowfall during an event, Village plow trucks may need to make several passes to ensure that streets are fully open, curb-to-curb.
- Streets with the greatest need (those with the highest amounts of traffic) are treated first, followed by side-streets. Cul-de-sacs and dead-ends are usually the least traveled and are treated last.
- Driveways are often impacted by snow removal. Please remember to shovel snow from your driveway to the “downstream side” to help reduce the snow pushed across your driveway. See image below.
- Please help keep fire hydrants clear of snow.
- Residents and private snow plow companies are prohibited from piling snow on adjacent properties.
- Learn more about the Village's snow and ice removal program from this Village Manager's Blog.
If you have any questions about Village snow and ice maintenance, please contact Public Works at (847) 835-4111.