Cyclical Tree Trimming
This week Advanced Tree Care will begin cyclical tree trimming on Village trees within the right-of-way. Click here to see location of work area. Tree trimming is an essential part of maintaining a tree's overall health. Advanced Tree Care will perform this work in a safe and professional manner to safeguard tree health and to eliminate potential hazards to people and property.
Cyclical trimming provides the following benefits:
- Eliminates branches that are dead or dying. These branches are often dangerous, and removing them reduces the risk of harm to people and damage to property. It also prevents further decay.
- Improves the overall appearance and structure of the tree, keeping it from developing broad or weak branches. Trimming prevents limbs from growing with weak crotches, or eventually crossing each other and competing for space in the crown.
- Increases sun exposure and air circulation throughout the tree and underlying landscape, which will improve the tree’s health and surrounding plant materials.
- Helps prevent damage to nearby overhead utilities. Branches that get intertwined with overhead utility lines can cause power outages or disrupt communications (cable television, internet, phone).
- Tree trimming can also simply open up your property and improve your view.
Please contact the Public Works Department at (847) 835-4134 with any questions.