Fall Leaf Collection Program
UPDATE - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7
Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) crews have completed leaf collection in all five Areas of the community.
The Village's annual curbside leaf collection program begins mid-October and continues through the end of November. This year, the Village's garbage and recycling collection contractor, LRS, will collect leaves on behalf of the Village. If you are participating in the program, please remember the following:
- Pile leaves in a row along the parkway in front of your property. Leaf piles in the street are a traffic hazard and clog the storm sewers, which can cause flooding.
- A long, low row of leaves is better than a single large pile and helps limit the blowing of leaves into the street or back to the yard.
- Residents who use a landscape contractor are urged to have the contractor remove leaves at the time their yard is serviced (this is often included).
As a reminder, the use of gasoline powered leaf blowers is permitted from September 15 to December 15. Commercial landscape maintenance contractors may operate 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday to Friday and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Work is prohibited on Sundays and holidays.
Contact Public Works at (847) 835-4134 with questions.
Leaf Collection Map
NOTICE - PUMPKIN DISPOSAL
Please note that if you missed the pumpkin disposal event offered in early November, we ask that you do not place your pumpkins at the curb without a container (i.e. next to your leaf piles). Options for proper disposal include:
- Garbage: Place the pumpkins inside your regular garbage bin for disposal
- Compost: Deposit the pumpkins in a compost bin in your garden
- Yard Waste Collection: Place pumpkins (remove any candles) in a can or landscape waste bag, with a sticker or as part of the subscription program. Place the can/bag at the curb on Wednesdays for Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) to collect with other yard waste