Are you someone who wants to serve the community through public safety? The Village of Glencoe is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for public service to join our team as the next Community Service Officer (CSO)!
Who we are: Our team is made up of people with diverse backgrounds and experience and we share a common goal – providing the very best services to the Glencoe community.
What we do: Our vision is to make Glencoe the community that people choose to live, work and do business, by providing innovative, responsive, high-quality public services in an environmentally and fiscally sustainable manner. Everyone on our team contributes to us achieving this vision! This means that we put our customers’ needs first, we strive to be leaders and innovators, and we believe in always looking for ways to improve.
What the job is: CSOs are civilian employees in the Public Safety Department who support all Public Safety operations, from parking enforcement, to animal control, court courier, traffic control, special events and emergency operations support, and more. CSOs provide great customer service to the community, by helping members of the community over the phone, at the Public Safety Department’s front counter and in the community.
Why Glencoe: In Glencoe, we strive to live our values. As a local government and as an employer, we prioritize building a culture of inclusion, environmental sustainability, continuous improvement, sound financial management, ethical government and providing the highest level of service to all of our customers (our residents, our businesses and our employees). Glencoe has a proven track record of investing in our community’s infrastructure, our organization’s technology and our employees so that we are able to be a responsive, progressive organization.
As an employer, Glencoe offers a highly competitive salary and benefit package, generous vacation and sick leave, a paid family care leave pilot program, IMRF pension and great health insurance options.
Our employees have consistently said they like the strong sense of teamwork in Glencoe and our residents have shared overwhelmingly positive feedback about the Village. In a 2019 community survey, 99% of respondents rated Glencoe as an excellent or good place to live and 93% said they are very satisfied or satisfied with Village services, earning Glencoe national recognition for outstanding service delivery!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to the Village’s success. The Village is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive workforce in which all employees are valued, respected and have a sense of belonging. The Village is proud to have a diverse workforce in which all individuals are celebrated.
- Parking enforcement, using parking management software and foot patrols, issuing citations as needed
- Animal control services, responding to calls regarding the presence and wellbeing of wild animals and related to calls about domestic animals that are found in the community or running at large
- Municipal ordinance enforcement
- Court courier services
- Transport vehicles and equipment for maintenance and repair
- Respond to calls for service for vehicle lock outs
- Supports Public Safety emergencies and special events by providing traffic control services
- Provides customer service over the phone, in person and in the community
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree
- 1-3 years of related experience
- General knowledge of law enforcement and public safety procedures, operations and policies
- Knowledge of the Village’s municipal code
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Use of IT systems including radios, telephones, tablets, laptops and computers
Interpersonal and Communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work with a team
- Maintain strong working relationship coworkers
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Constant lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Frequent walking and standing (sometimes on uneven surfaces); talking and listening
- Walking, grasping, lifting and carrying objects; reaching, operating hand controls and small tools, operating foot controls
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions, such as heat, cold, humidity, wind, rain, snow, dust
- Ability to work long and unpredictable hours in times of emergency
- Strong emphasis on workplace safety
- The Village strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccination as part of the Village’s commitment to providing a safe work environment and to continue serving the community. Per Village policy, all employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or undergo regular COVID-19 testing
The salary range for the position is $62,925 to $84,949, with occasional opportunities for overtime. The Village offers great benefits, including Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance among others.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 22-01 CSO in the subject line of the e-mail. The position will remain open until filled, and first application review will take place on or around January 21, 2022.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are asked to contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114. The Village of Glencoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled