Are you an energetic, service-oriented person who loves working outdoors? The Village of Glencoe is seeking temporary employees in the Public Works Department.
The Public Works Department is a full-service department that integrates traditional operational services, infrastructure maintenance, capital projects, engineering, community development and planning services. Temporary employees work in crews within the operational services divisions of the Public Works Department, including street and sidewalk maintenance, water and sewer utility maintenance, forestry and grounds maintenance. Temporary employees are seasonal positions and typically work seasons not longer than six months. The next season will begin on or around December 1 and end on or around May 31; however, the length of the season may be adjusted by the Village.
- Seasonal forestry and grounds keeping
- Assist street and sidewalk maintenance crews
- Assist sewer maintenance crews
- Assist water and sewer maintenance crews
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Interpersonal and Communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work with a team
- Maintain strong working relationship with Public Works staff
- Familiarity with using hand tools and power tools/equipment
- Ability to complete worksheets and reports
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Constant lifting and/or moving up to 65 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Frequent walking and standing (sometimes on uneven surfaces), talking, listening, and operating computer (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Walking, grasping, lifting and carrying objects; reaching, operating hand controls and small tools, operating foot controls (such as driving a light-duty vehicle)
- Work time is performed outdoors in all weather conditions and in a variety of environmental conditions, including (but not limited to) heat, cold, humidity, wind, rain, snow, dust and conditions normally associated with working outdoors and using hand tools and power equipment
- Strong emphasis on workplace safety
Pay rate is $13.50 to $15 per hour, depending on qualifications; there are no fringe benefits.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 19-12 PW Temporary in the subject line of the e-mail, or return completed application to Village Hall, 675 Village Court, Glencoe, Illinois, 60022. The position will remain open until filled; resumes will be reviewed as received. Persons requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are asked to contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114. The Village of Glencoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying: Open until filled
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled