Are you an aspiring local government professional looking to put your skills to use by serving the community? The Village of Glencoe is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for public service to join our team as the Public Safety Management Analyst, a new position!
Who we are: Our team is made up of people with diverse backgrounds and experience and we share a common goal – providing the very best services to the Glencoe community.
What we do: Our vision is to make Glencoe the community that people choose to live, work and do business, by providing innovative, responsive, high-quality public services in an environmentally and fiscally sustainable manner. Everyone on our team contributes to us achieving this vision! This means that we put our customers’ needs first, we strive to be leaders and innovators, and we believe in always looking for ways to improve.
What the job is: The Management Analyst directly supports the Village’s Strategic Plan and works toward achieving the Village’s vision by championing innovation and incorporation of best and emerging practices, and completing special projects related to service delivery and infrastructure improvement, community engagement, financial sustainability, environmental sustainability and more. The Management Analyst supports the Public Safety Department by analyzing functions, data, programs, processes and business practices in the Department, and assisting with the daily administrative and customer service functions of the Department. Additionally, the Management Analyst serves the Village organization as a whole by serving on inter-departmental committees, assisting with special projects in other departments and serving as a liaison to volunteer commissions. The Management Analyst champions customer service, innovation and continuous improvement.
Why Glencoe: In Glencoe, we strive to live our values. As a local government and as an employer, we prioritize building a culture of inclusion of all people, environmental sustainability, continuous improvement, sound financial management, ethical government and providing the highest level of service to all of our customers (our residents, our businesses and our employees). Glencoe has a proven track record of investing in our community’s infrastructure, our organization’s technology and our employees so that we are able to be a responsive, progressive organization. With a $29 million budget, Glencoe boasts a AAA rating from S&P Global Ratings for 18 years running and over 35 years of recognition for excellence in budgeting and financial reporting. With an emphasis on sustainability, Glencoe maintains designation as a Tree City USA and received the SolSmart Bronze award. The Village’s Welcoming and Inclusive Community Pledge reflects the Village’s commitment to equity and inclusion of all people.
As an employer, Glencoe offers a highly competitive salary and benefit package, including flexible work arrangements (flexible scheduling and partial telecommuting), six weeks of paid family care leave after one year of service, generous vacation and sick leave, IMRF pension and great health insurance options.
Don’t just take our word for it – our employees have consistently said they like the strong sense of teamwork in Glencoe and our residents have shared overwhelmingly positive feedback about the Village. In a 2019 community survey, 99% of respondents rated Glencoe as an excellent or good place to live and 93% said they are very satisfied or satisfied with Village services, earning Glencoe national recognition for outstanding service delivery!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are critical to the Village’s success. The Village is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive workforce in which all employees are valued, respected and have a sense of belonging. The Village is proud to have a diverse workforce in which all individuals are celebrated.
- Research policies and programs, analyze data, develop and present reports and recommendations regarding Department operations and services; conducts business process evaluations and recommends improvements to increase service quality and/or decrease service cost in support of the Village’s goal of employing best practices to deliver high-quality services in an environmentally- and financially-sustainable manner
- Assists with development of the Department’s annual operating budget by analyzing and forecasting the Department’s operating and capital improvement budget needs; assists with procurement processes and administers third-party vendor contracts in support of the Village’s priority of financial sustainability
- Participates in and/or leads projects related to the Village’s Strategic Plan
- Serves as a staff liaison to the Glencoe Council for Inclusion and Community (along with the Assistant Village Manager), serves as a liaison to other units of government, attends Village Board and standing committee meetings as required in support of the Village’s priority of community engagement
- Provides and sets an example for exceptional customer service
- Examples of potential future projects include data and statistical analysis (for performance metrics, compliance reports and trend reporting), project management, ambulance billing contract management, accreditation management, working with department supervisors to periodically update standard operating procedures, purchasing, drafting public communications and more.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, political science, public policy or related field; master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Valid driver’s license or ability to travel to offsite locations as needed (for example, offsite meeting or special event)
- Strong knowledge of public administration theory and principles
- Strong research and analysis skills and ability to formulate recommendations to best serve the community’s needs
- Strong technology skills, Microsoft Office suite skills and desire to incorporate technology into business processes
- Functional knowledge of municipal environmental sustainability programs, services and practices
Interpersonal and Communication
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Great communication skills and ability to adapt style to fit audience
- Good team member also capable of working independently
- Self-starter able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Emphasis on continuous improvement
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Occasional lifting/carrying up to 10-20 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Frequent walking and standing (sometimes on uneven surfaces), talking, listening, and operating computer (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting with occasional outdoor work (e.g. at inspections, special events, etc.)
- Strong emphasis on workplace safety
The salary range for the position is $69,217 to $93,443 and the starting salary is expected to be highly competitive, DOQ. The Village offers great benefits, including Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund pension, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance among others.
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 22-07 Public Safety Management Analyst in the subject line of the e-mail. The position will remain open until filled, and applications will be reviewed as they are submitted - the Village would like to select a highly-qualified candidate soon.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are asked to contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114. The Village of Glencoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled