- U.S. citizenship at time of application;
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- 20 years and 6 months of age by date of written exam but under age 35 (unless eligible for an exception listed in the Glencoe Public Safety Commission Rules and Regulations);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and successful completion of 60 hours of college credit
- Valid POWER Test Card, issued by NIPSTA, Triton College or Joliet Junior College within six months prior to the application date
It is the policy of the Village of Glencoe to hire, promote, and compensate employees, and to administer all employment practices, in accordance with applicable law, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other protected category.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for entry-level Glencoe Public Safety Officers is currently $81,715; top salary is $120,263. The starting salary for lateral entry/experienced Glencoe Public Safety Officers is $81,715-$120,263 depending on qualifications.
. These competitive salaries are in addition to a generous benefits package, including:
- Village-sponsored group health insurance plan and dental insurance
- Enrollment in the Glencoe Police Pension Fund
- Generous vacation and floating holiday benefits
- Paid sick leave
- 6 weeks paid Family Care Leave after one year of employment (pilot program)
- $75,000 in term life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Tuition reimbursement