- U.S. citizenship at time of application;
- Valid state-issued driver’s license;
- 20 years and 6 months of age by date of written exam but under age 35 (unless eligible for an exception listed in the Glencoe Public Safety Commission Rules and Regulations);
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and successful completion of 60 hours of college credit by June 30, 2021;
- Valid POWER Test Card, issued by NIPSTA, Triton College or Joliet Junior College within six months prior to the application date through April 23, 2021.
It is the policy of the Village of Glencoe to hire, promote, and compensate employees, and to administer all employment practices, in accordance with applicable law, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other protected category.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for Glencoe Public Safety Officers is currently $72,569. This competitive salary is in addition to a generous benefits package, including:
- Village-sponsored group health insurance plan and dental insurance
- Enrollment in the Glencoe Police Pension Fund
- 10 paid vacation days annually, with annual increases in the accrual amount after five years of service
- 12 paid floating holidays annually
- Paid sick leave
- $75,000 in Term Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement