Curbside Recycling Collection Program
Recycling in Glencoe is currently collected by Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) of Morton Grove. Pick-up is once a week on your regular garbage collection day.
- Place 95-gallon Village recycling carts at the curb, with handle facing your house, no later than 7 a.m. the day of collection
- Mix all recyclable materials together in the cart, no separation is necessary with single stream recycling, do not bag recycling materials, items should be loose in the cart
- List of Acceptable Items
Community Portal Collection Day Look-Up | View Printable Collection Map
The Village is divided into four zones for primary garbage and recycling collection. Primary collection days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Should you choose to have twice-weekly collection, your second collection day is as follows:
- Monday Primary - Thursday second day collection
- Tuesday Primary - Friday second day collection
- Thursday Primary - Monday second day collection
- Friday Primary - Tuesday second day collection
When a holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, your regular garbage and recycling services will resume one day later than normal (i.e. if New Year's Day is on Monday, Monday collection will be Tuesday and Tuesday collection will be Wednesday, with regular service resuming on Thursday). The Village observes the following holidays:
State law prohibits the disposal of residential electronic items in landfills. The Village provides a drop-off service, free of charge, at the Public Works Service Building located at 325 Temple Court. Residents may drop off electronics by appointment only, on Wednesdays from 1- 3 p.m. To schedule an appointment call (847) 835-4134 or e-mail Robin Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unacceptable electronics: (Throw out with regular garbage - may require special pick-up if too large for garbage cart/can)
Recycling Drop-off Center
The Village provides drop-off of other recyclable items Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the vestibule at the Public Works Service Building located at 320 Hazel Avenue. For additional information please call (847) 835-4134.
- Household Alkaline Batteries—AA, AAA, C, D & 9V
- Rechargeable Batteries—NiCad, NiMh, NiCad, lithium ion, lithium polymer. Cover contact points on rechargeable batteries with masking tape or place them in an individual self-locking plastic bag to avoid a fire hazard.
- No car or marine batteries
- Compact Fluorescent (CFL) bulbs
- 4/8 foot fluorescent bulbs
- No incandescent light bulbs
- Cell Phones - remove cases and batteries
- Empty Ink Jet Cartridges - remove from packaging
- Eyeglasses - remove from cases
- Hearing Aids
- Mercury Thermometers
- Holiday Lights - All holiday string lighting and extension cords can be dropped off from November 1 to April 1. Must be removed of all garland and ribbon
Sharps disposals can be dropped off at Village Hall (675 Village Court) on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Sharps (syringes, needles, lancets) must be in proper containers. A rigid, transparent container from home is acceptable, or pick up a free container from Village Hall.
Unused prescription drugs and medications (pill form only, no liquids or syringes) can be dropped off at the Public Safety Department (325 Hazel Avenue), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Note that Village staff do not handle medications or sharps, this is a self-service drop-off. For additional information please call (847) 835-4111.
For more information on specialized recycling services, please review programs offered through SWANCC. Services include household hazardous waste disposal, computer and electronic recycling, document destruction events, chemical pick up, compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) recycling, medication and “sharps” disposal and much more. Subscribe to SWANCC's community newsletter, Recycling, Etc., for tips and upcoming event details by emailing email@example.com.