Guide to Special Public Safety Community Services & Programs
- Block Parties – UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - COVID-19 Having a block party? Invite the fire division! We will stop by with our fire apparatus to show the gang. Meet the Public Safety Officers that proudly serve Glencoe.
- Station Tours – UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - COVID-19 Do you ever wonder what your fire and police department looks like on the inside? Do you have a play group that you want to do a fun and educational outing with? Call Deputy Chief Mary Saikin at (847) 461-1179 to schedule a station tour.
- Home Safety Surveys – Our officers will be glad to drop by and offer advice on how to keep your home safe from fire hazards and prevent crimes.
- Fingerprinting - Available on Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. by appointment only. This service is provided for Glencoe residents only. Please call (847) 835-4112 to schedule an appointment.
- Blood Pressure Checks – UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - COVID-19 Stop by the Public Safety lobby to have your blood pressure checked by a state certified Emergency Medical Technician.
- House Watch – If you're leaving your home for more than a day or two, let Public Safety know and we'll have officers walk the perimeter of your home every few days to ensure it is secure. Schedule your House Watch by calling (847) 835-4112.
Drug Collection and Disposal – In partnership with the Cook County Sheriff's Office Prescription Drug Take Back Program, Public Safety offers a drug collection unit open to the public, no questions asked. Safely dispose of old, unwanted prescription and over the counter drugs in the Public Safety lobby at Village Hall, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Please note that we cannot accept any liquids or syringes. For information on how to safely dispose of sharps, please click here.
Child Safety Seat Inspection Program – Statistics show that four out of every five Child Safety Seats are improperly installed and could lead to serious injury in an accident. Glencoe Public Safety has trained and certified Child Safety Seat Technicians who can instruct residents how to properly install child safety seats. They will also inspect an installed safety seat to make sure it is properly installed. This service is provided for Glencoe residents only. Inspections are performed by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Please contact Community Service Officer Nigel Serbe at (847) 461-1139 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Premise Alert Program – The Illinois Premise Alert Program provides for public safety agencies in the State of Illinois to allow people with disabilities, special needs or both to provide information to police, fire and EMS personnel to be kept in a database (stemming from Public Act 96-0788). The information can then be provided to responders dealing with situations involving the special needs individuals. The information is kept confidential. Families, caregivers or the person with the disability or special needs may provide this information. To file for the program, please complete this application.