Animal Care & ControlThe Public Safety Department assists residents with animal related issues, focusing on the safety of residents, domestic pets and wildlife. Animal control officers will provide responsible, efficient and humane care through education, sheltering, referral and ordinance enforcement.
Animal Control Officers Duties:
- Enforce Village of Glencoe ordinances and State of Illinois laws related to public health and safety. You can view the Village of Glencoe Ordinance (Section 6) here. Additionally, click to view the State of Illinois laws here: Illinois Humane Care for Animal Act (510 ILCS 70/) and Illinois Animal Welfare Act (225 ILCS 605/)
- Respond to nuisance complaints of both domestic animals and wildlife in a timely manner. Click here for more information.To locate a licensed Nuisance Wildlife Permit holder, please visit www.wildlifeanimalscontrol.com
- Work to reunite stray and lost pets with their owners. To complete a Village of Glencoe Pet License Application, please click here.
- Assist to deter existing and future problems regarding wildlife. Please contact the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for further information. Please visit www.urbancoyoteresearch.com for more information on coyotes.
- Investigate cases of animal abuse and neglect and will assist with community pet problems.
- Remove deceased wildlife from your yard and roadways.
Public Safety, on occasion, will have domestic animals available for adoption. Please call for details about out Adoption Option Program.