1801 Green Bay Road Subdivision Application Review Process
The Village’s Plan Commission and Village Board are in the process reviewing a subdivision application for 1801 Green Bay Road, commonly known as the Hoover Estate. The applicant is proposing to develop the 12.1-acre property by subdividing into 29 lots with new homes. As subdivision applications are uncommon in Glencoe, this page has been developed to help keep residents and other stakeholders apprised of the overall process, next steps and opportunities for input. Should you have any questions, please contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114 or email@example.com.
At its October 17, 2020 meeting, the Village Board approved a preliminary plat of subdivision for this project. The developers are now preparing to submit a final plat of subdivision which will be reviewed at a future Plan Commission meeting. After the Plan Commission reviews the proposal and makes a recommendation, the final plat will move to the Village Board for the final round of consideration.
Proposal Review Steps:
- (COMPLETE) Step 1: Initial concept meetings with Village staff and a pre-application conference with the Village Board: Given the magnitude of the proposed project, the Village Board held a pre-application conference with the developers. The Village Board gave the developers preliminary feedback on traffic management, stormwater mitigation, historic preservation, environmental sustainability and potential impact on surrounding properties.
Relevant documents: Committee of the Whole Packet | Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes
- (COMPLETE) Step 2: Plan Commission Review and Recommendation of Preliminary Plat: The Plan Commission is tasked with reviewing preliminary subdivision plat proposals and passing on recommendations to the Village Board. This review takes into consideration 12 subdivision standards (view them here), along with other relevant factors (e.g. historic preservation). The Plan Commission hosted three public meetings on the proposal in the summer and fall of 2019 and passed a recommendation of approval with conditions on to the Village Board on September 25, 2019. Relevant documents: June 26 Plan Commission Packet, August 28 Plan Commission Packet, September 25 Plan Commission Agenda Packet, Plan Commission's recommendations to the Village Board.
- (COMPLETE) Step 3: Village Board Decision Regarding Preliminary Plat: At its October 17th meeting, the Village Board approved the preliminary subdivision plat. This is not the final step in the process. Now that the preliminary plat of subdivision has been approved, the developers will prepare and submit a final plat of subdivision which will go back to the Plan Commission for further review. Relevant documents: October 17 Village Board Agenda Packet, Village Board Resolution Approving Preliminary Plat.
- (NOT YET SCHEDULED) Step 4: Plan Commission Review and Recommendation of Final Plat: The Plan Commission will consider final engineering of the subdivision, including traffic management, stormwater management and other factors. This review will include at least one public meeting that will be publicized in advance. While the next Plan Commisison meeting is scheduled for April 22, 2020, the applicant has not yet submitted a complete final plat application that is ready to be placed on an agenda fo review. Once a complete application has been received, the meeting will be scheduled. After it has completed its comprehensive review, the Plan Commission will forward a recommendation on the proposal to the Village Board.
- Step 5: Village Board Decision Regarding Final Plat: The Village Board will take the recommendation from the Plan Commission, any additional community feedback, and decide whether to approve the final plat. If approved, construction may commence only after this step.