1801 Green Bay Road Subdivision Application Review Process
The Village’s Plan Commission and Village Board are in the process reviewing a subdivision application for 1801 Green Bay Road, commonly known as the Hoover Estate. The applicant is proposing to develop the 12.1-acre property by subdividing into 29 lots with new homes. As subdivision applications are uncommon in Glencoe, this page has been developed to help keep residents and other stakeholders apprised of the overall process, next steps and opportunities for input. Should you have any questions, please contact the Village Manager’s Office at (847) 835-4114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At its October 17, 2020 meeting, the Village Board approved a preliminary plat of subdivision for this project. The developers are now preparing to submit a final plat of subdivision which will be reviewed at a future Plan Commission meeting. After the Plan Commission reviews the proposal and makes a recommendation, the final plat will move to the Village Board for the final round of consideration.
Proposal Review Steps:
- (COMPLETE) Step 1: Initial concept meetings with Village staff and a pre-application conference with the Village Board: Given the magnitude of the proposed project, the Village Board held a pre-application conference with the developers. The Village Board gave the developers preliminary feedback on traffic management, stormwater mitigation, historic preservation, environmental sustainability and potential impact on surrounding properties.
Relevant documents: Committee of the Whole Packet | Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes
- (COMPLETE) Step 2: Plan Commission Review and Recommendation of Preliminary Plat: The Plan Commission is tasked with reviewing preliminary subdivision plat proposals and passing on recommendations to the Village Board. This review takes into consideration 12 subdivision standards (view them here), along with other relevant factors (e.g. historic preservation). The Plan Commission hosted three public meetings on the proposal in the summer and fall of 2019 and passed a recommendation of approval with conditions on to the Village Board on September 25, 2019. Relevant documents: June 26 Plan Commission Packet, August 28 Plan Commission Packet, September 25 Plan Commission Agenda Packet, Plan Commission's recommendations to the Village Board.
- (COMPLETE) Step 3: Village Board Decision Regarding Preliminary Plat: At its October 17th meeting, the Village Board approved the preliminary subdivision plat. This is not the final step in the process. Now that the preliminary plat of subdivision has been approved, the developers will prepare and submit a final plat of subdivision which will go back to the Plan Commission for further review. Relevant documents: October 17 Village Board Agenda Packet, Village Board Resolution Approving Preliminary Plat.
- (SCHEDULED) Step 4: Plan Commission Review and Recommendation of Final Plat: The Plan Commission will consider final engineering of the subdivision, including traffic management, stormwater management and other factors. The Plan Commission will be scheduled to review the final plat in a virtual public meeting at 6pm on July 15, 2020. If a second meeting is needed, it will be held at 6pm on July 22, 2020. After it has completed its comprehensive review, the Plan Commission will forward a recommendation on the proposal to the Village Board.
Interested parties may view and participate in this meeting via the following methods:
1. This meeting can be accessed by the Zoom app via the following link: https://zoom.us/j/98715363938.
2. The meeting can also be accessed by phone at (312) 626-6799, meeting ID: 987 1536 3938.
3. Public comments may be provided prior to the meeting in the following ways:
- Public comments can be emailed in advance of the meeting, up to an hour before the start of the meeting to email@example.com or by left in a voicemail can be left at (847) 461-1100.
- Public comments should be limited to 400 words if e-mailed or a three-minute voicemail.
- Public comments submitted before the meeting will be read by staff during the public comment portion of the agenda.
- Public comments submitted during the meeting by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) may be read at the end of the meeting.
- Step 5: Village Board Decision Regarding Final Plat: The Village Board will take the recommendation from the Plan Commission, any additional community feedback, and decide whether to approve the final plat. If approved, construction may commence only after this step.