Current Construction Projects
Staff has begun coordinating with contractors to complete several capital improvement projects, detailed in the Village's 10-Year Community Improvement Program (CIP). As we enter the 2018-2019 construction season, stay tuned to the Weekly Construction Updates on this page, register for Glencoe CONNECT and subscribe to Village eNews for timely updates as these projects progress.
View the Fiscal Year 2020 CIP Project Schedule (Updated March 2019).
Construction Communication Survey
The Village is always looking for ways to improve our communication efforts, and as such, has developed a survey to gauge resident's satisfaction with our outreach during these projects. All response data will be kept anonymous and will be used to inform our future communication plans.
Should you have questions regarding this survey, please contact Management Analyst Adam Hall at email@example.com / (847) 461-1115.
Downtown Sidewalk Paver Restoration - In Progress
Downtown Sidewalk Paver Restoration Background
Fiscal Year 2020 marks the second year of a five-year Downtown Sidewalk Brick Paver Restoration Project. There is approximately 70,000 square feet of brick paver sidewalk in the downtown and this year’s program will restore an estimated 12,000 square feet on the south side of Park Avenue from Greenwood Avenue to Vernon Avenue, and the west side of Vernon Avenue from Park Avenue to Hazel Avenue. The scope of the work includes the removal of all brick pavers/border tiles, regrading of the stone sub-base and resetting the brick pavers/border tiles including the replacement of any that are stained or cracked. The Village will be working with the contractor to limit the impact to businesses and patrons.
- Total Project Cost: $100,000
- Project Contractor: A-1 Contractors, Inc.
- Project Start Date: May 13, 2019
- Project Completion Date: June 28, 2019
- Project Manager: Donald Kirk, General Superintendent
- Resident Impacts: Some intermittent loss of parking in the commuter lot.
- Construction Update - Week of June 10: Last week contractor completed restoration work on Vernon Avenue from 692 to 666. This week contractor is scheduled to complete from 666 Vernon heading south to 650 Vernon including the northwest corner of Vernon and Hazel.
Project Location Map: View location map
Initial Notification Letter: View letter here