The Plan Commission was established by ordinance in 1920. The Commission is composed of ten residents, four of which are appointed by the Village Board as at-large members and six serve as representatives from the Historic Preservation Commission, Library Board, Park Board, School Board, Village Board, and Zoning Commission.
Members of the Plan Commission recommend updates to the Village Board regarding the Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Plan, which are the Village’s policy documents for present and future development. Additionally, the Plan Commission reviews and provides recommendations to the Village Board on proposed subdivisions and lot consolidations, reviews and makes recommendations on land use matters at the request of the Village Board, and takes final action on design review applications for multiple family and commercial developments proposed for construction or alteration.
Members of the Commission include:
- Caren Thomas, Chair, Public-at-Large Representative
- Bruce Huvard, Public-at-Large Representative
- Ed Goodale, Public-at-Large Representative
- Vacant, Public-at-Large Representative
- Louis Goldman, Library Board Representative
- Barbara Miller, Village Board Representative
- Gary Ruben, School Board Representative
- Dudley Onderdonk, Park Board Representative
- Tom Scheckelhoff, Historic Preservation Commission Representative
- John Satter, Zoning Board Representative
The Plan Commission meets on an as needed basis on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber at Village Hall.
The Downtown Plan was updated by the Plan Commission over a three-year period. It was adopted by the Village Board in December 2016. A copy is available here.