Public Participation Information for Virtual Plan Commission Meeting - December 9, 2020.
The Plan Commission will hold a virtual meeting via Zoom on December 9, 2020 at 7:00p.m.
This meeting can be accessed via the following link: https://zoom.us/j/93707200994
The meeting can also be accessed by phone at (312) 626-6799. The webinar ID is 937 0720 0994.
Public comments may be provided prior to the meeting in the following ways:
- Public comments can be emailed in advance of the meeting, up to an hour before the start of the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org or by left in a voicemail can be left at (847) 461-1100.
- Public comments should be limited to 400 words if e-mailed or a three-minute voicemail.
- Public comments submitted before the meeting will be read by staff during the public comment portion of the agenda.
- Public comments submitted during the meeting by email (email@example.com) may be read at the end of the meeting.
The Plan Commission was established by ordinance in 1920. The Commission is composed of ten residents, four of which are appointed by the Village Board as at-large members and six serve as representatives from the Historic Preservation Commission, Library Board, Park Board, School Board, Village Board and Zoning Commission.
Members of the Plan Commission recommend updates to the Village Board regarding the Comprehensive Plan and Downtown Plan, which are the Village’s policy documents for present and future development. Additionally, the Plan Commission reviews and provides recommendations to the Village Board on proposed subdivisions and lot consolidations, reviews and makes recommendations on land use matters at the request of the Village Board, and takes final action on design review applications for multiple family and commercial developments proposed for construction or alteration.
Members of the Commission include:
- Bruce Huvard, Chair
- Greg Turner, Public-at-Large Representative
- Jim Thompson, Public-at-Large Representative
- Georgia Mihalopoulos, Public-at-Large Representative
- Laura Solon, Library Board Representative
- Barbara Miller, Village Board Representative
- Dev Mukherjee, School Board Representative
- Dudley Onderdonk, Park Board Representative
- Peter Van Vechten, Historic Preservation Commission Representative
- John Satter, Zoning Board Representative
The Plan Commission meets on an as needed basis on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber at Village Hall.
The Downtown Plan was updated by the Plan Commission over a three-year period. It was adopted by the Village Board in December 2016. Download Downtown Plan >>
The Village's last Comprehensive Plan was adopted in 1996. As a partial update to the Village's 1974 Comprehensive Plan, it detailed recommendations for maintaining and enhancing Glencoe's unique character as a mature community. As the 1996 Comprehensive Plan was only meant to span 20 years, an update to the document is planned in the near future. Stay tuned for information on how to engage in the update process.
Download Comprehensive Plan >>