Fourth of July Celebration
Thank you to all who joined in the 2018 celebration! Check back next year for details of an expanded celebration in commemoration of Glencoe's Sesquicentennial (150th birthday!)
The Fourth of July in Glencoe is a great time to get together with family, friends and neighbors. Community members of all ages can take part in a full day of festivities sponsored by the Glencoe Park District, Glencoe Rotary Club and Village of Glencoe on Wednesday, July 4.
Fourth of July Schedule - See Glencoe Park District website for more details:
- 8 a.m.: Rotary Fun Run at Glencoe Train Station
- 10 a.m.: Preschool Games at Kalk Park
- Noon: Glencoe’s Got Talent at Kalk Park (Registration closes July 1)
- 2 p.m.: Glencoe Parade (Meet at Central School starting at 1 p.m. - no registration required)
- 6-9 p.m.: Food Truck Fest at Lakefront Park
- 6 p.m.: Park-N-Ride Trolley Shuttle to Lakefront Park from Metra Station and Village Parking Lot
- 6:30-9:30 p.m.: Live Music by Spoken Four at Lakefront Park
- 9 p.m.: Fireworks at Lakefront Park
With warm weather and fun family events, the Fourth of July can be an exciting time with great memories. However, celebrations involving fireworks can quickly turn dangerous if not handled properly. As your family celebrates this special time of year, make sure to keep in mind the following fireworks safety tips from the Public Safety Department and the National Council on Fireworks Safety:
- In 2015, U.S. emergency rooms treated an estimated 11,900 people for fireworks-related injuries, with over 25% of injuries to children younger than 15 years of age. Firecrackers, sparklers and rockets account for most of the injuries, which most often are to the hands, eyes, head and face.
- Keep children and pets away from fireworks.
- Always have a bucket of water and a water hose nearby.
- Wear safey glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Never relight a "dud" firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
There are no other days in Glencoe that exemplify the spirit of community as much as Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. We hope that you are able to take part in these events once again this year!
Below you’ll find event details as well as a link to make an online donation to the Glencoe Patriotic Days Fund. Should you prefer to send a check, please download the Patriotic Days Donation Slip here. Much of the cost of these events, including the fireworks display, is made possible by your generous contributions. Thank you for your continued support of these Glencoe traditions!