Building & Zoning is a division of the Public Works Department and is responsible for assuring that all construction meets minimum health and life safety standards, building code requirements, zoning and property maintenance standards as specified in the Village Zoning Code.
Since June 2017, the Village has contracted with HR Green, Inc. to provide building plan review and construction and life safety inspection services. Representatives from HR Green work out of Village Hall and are available for consultation Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week, however Public Works staff are also available regularly to answer questions as needed.
Construction Work Hours
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Construction work is not permitted on Sundays or on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
The Village has adopted the following codes:
- 2015 International Code Council (ICC) Building, Residential, Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Codes
- 2014 National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) Electric Code
- 2015 NFPA Life Safety Code
- 2015 Illinois Energy Conservation Code
- 2013 U.S. Public Health Service Food Code
- Illinois State Plumbing Code
- Amendments to Adopted Codes