Permitting and Inspection Changes Due to COVID-19
Village Hall is currently operating on modified schedule due to COVID-19 precautions. All construction work on building permit projects in Glencoe may continue at this time.
All permit applications and resubmittals must be in PDF format and sent to email@example.com.
All inspections are still scheduled on-line at www.villageofglencoe.org/inspections.
Building & Zoning is a division of the Public Works Department and is responsible for assuring that all construction meets minimum health and life safety standards, building code requirements, zoning and property maintenance standards as specified in the Village Zoning Code.
Since June 2017, the Village has contracted with HR Green, Inc. to provide building plan review and construction and life safety inspection services. Representatives from HR Green work out of Village Hall and are available for consultation Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week; however, Public Works staff are also available regularly to answer questions as needed.
Construction Work Hours
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Construction work is not permitted on Sundays or on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Schedule an Inspection -
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 virus, building, engineering and fence inspections are being performed by photos and/or FaceTime/video when possible. Sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water inspections will continue as usual at this time.
If an inspection is needed more urgently than available times allow, please contact (847) 835-4111. Staff will review requests on a case-by-case basis for accommodations.
Building and Interior Plumbing inspections are only scheduled online through the link below for the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Please click here to schedule a building or interior plumbing inspection
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.; Fridays 1 p.m.- 2 p.m.
- Please click here to schedule an engineering inspection.
Fence inspections are only scheduled online through the link below for the following times:
- Monday - Friday: 9 A.M. - 4 P.M.
- Please click here to schedule a fence inspection.
Exterior Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer and Water inspections and disconnections are only scheduled online through the link below for the following times:
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Please click here to schedule an exterior water, sanitary sewer, or storm sewer inspection or disconnection.
Water Tap appointments are only scheduled online through the link below for the following times:
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m.
- Please click here to schedule an water tap appointment.
The Village has adopted the following codes:
- 2015 International Code Council (ICC) Building, Residential, Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Codes
- 2014 National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) Electric Code
- 2015 NFPA Life Safety Code
- 2015 Illinois Energy Conservation Code
- 2013 U.S. Public Health Service Food Code
- Illinois State Plumbing Code
- Amendments to Adopted Codes