Spend your Summer in Glencoe!
The Village of Glencoe co-sponsors and works with non-profits and other community organizations to host the following annual special events in the Village.
Friday, June 23 & Saturday, June 24, 2017
The last weekend in June each year, all of downtown Glencoe's favorite retailers and restaurants feature specials and sales and bring their merchandise to the sidewalks.
Download Flyer | Download Evening Parking and Drop-off Map
Tuesday, July 4, Various Glencoe Locations
Independence Day is the most celebrated day in the Village! This year's schedule, coordinated by the Glencoe Park District, is as follows:
- 8 a.m.: Rotary 2-Mile Fun Run (starts at Glencoe Train Station) Register with Park District
- 10 a.m.: Preschool Games (Kalk Park)
- 11 a.m.: Mini-Golf Tournament (Kalk Park)
- 12 p.m.: Glencoe’s Got Talent (Kalk Park) Register with Park District
- 2 p.m.: Independence Day Parade (Downtown Glencoe)
Anyone and everyone is welcome to walk in the parade each year! Simply line up in front of Central School on Greenwood Avenue around 1:30 p.m. to join in the fun. The route then winds throughout downtown Glencoe.
- 6 p.m.: Park-n-Ride Trolley Starts; Food available for purchase at Lakefront Park (Including Piko Street Kitchen, 5411 Empanadas, Beaver Coffee & Donut, Depiddy Dog Ice Cream, and North Shore Catering & Events will have food trucks/stands at the park)
- 6:30-9 p.m.: Live Music: The Empty Pockets (Lakefront Park)
- 9 p.m.: Fireworks Show (Lakefront Park)
Each summer there are three films screened on Wyman Green on Friday nights - one in June, July and August. Grab your blankets and lawn chairs and join your neighbors for this family favorite event!
Meet the Machines
Saturday, July 22, Downtown Glencoe, 9-11:30 a.m.
Saturdays: Through October 14, 2017, 8 a.m. -1 p.m.
This outdoor market is open Saturdays all summer long on Wyman Green. Vendors feature fresh produce,
Saturday, July 29 & Sunday, July 30, 2017, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
This outdoor festival in downtown Glencoe offers artwork from more than 130 artists from around the world. Artists feature ceramics, glass, jewelry, metal, painting, photography and wood. The Glencoe Festival of Art is free and open to the public. Live music, food and activities for kids make the festival a perfect family experience. Click here for more information.
Memorial Day Ceremony
2018 Details TBD
Veteran's Memorial Park | Download 2017 Event Flyer
At this annual event at Veterans' Memorial Park, the contribution of Glencoe residents who died in the service of our country are honored.
Glencoe Grand Prix
2018 Details TBD
The Glencoe Grand Prix is an early-summer community event that includes professional and amateur bike racing, live music, food and fun for the whole family. Click here for more information.
Interested in hosting a community event? Click here for the Special Event Application.