The Glencoe Public Safety Department has partnered with LifeSource to host their annual community Blood Drive. Participating donors will receive a pint of Culver's Frozen Custard.
Learn more and register below. Questions? Contact the Public Safety Department at (847) 835-4112.
- When: 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Thursday, June 1, 2017
- Where: Apparatus Room at Village Hall (ambulance and ladder truck bay)
- Register: Appointments are recommended but walk-ins are welcome! To schedule an appointment, call (877) 543-3768 or visit www.lifesource.org, click on "Make an Appointment" and use the group code GC32.
- Tips: Bring photo ID and be sure to drink plenty of fluids and eat a healthy meal or snack before donating.
Download event flyer
Did you know…
- That as little as three teaspoons of blood can save a baby’s life?
- Every two seconds, someone needs blood? Blood is needed daily for surgeries, emergencies, medical procedures and cancer treatments. The need, here in the Chicagoland area, is great.
- That nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.?
- That the average blood transfusion is approximately 3 pints?
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O?
- That a single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood?