New this year, residents may purchase and make changes to their 2017 Vehicle and Animal License(s) online. Renewals were due Monday, May 1. Effective Tuesday, May 2, a $50 late fee will be applied to all Vehicle license renewals (or new license purchases).
Public Safety enforcement of 2017 Vehicle stickers has begun.
As you complete your new/renewal license applications please note the following:
- A Village of Glencoe Vehicle License is required for all vehicle(s) registered in the State of Illinois with an address within the corporate boundaries of Glencoe. Licenses are $50 per vehicle, or $25 for seniors over the age of 65 by April 30, 2017.
- This mailing was developed using data from last year's license renewal process. Be sure to purchase a Glencoe Vehicle License for any new vehicles, as your completed application will be compared to the Illinois Secretary of State database for future mailings.
- A $50 late penalty will be charged for payments received or postmarked after April 30, 2017.
- Failure to purchase a vehicle sticker will result in a follow up mailing including collection methods authorized in Chapter 34A of the Village Code.
- If changing to a senior classification, you are required to complete your application(s) at Village Hall, open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Pet owners are required to purchase Glencoe Animal License(s) for any cat(s) or dog(s) over 6 months in age by April 30, 2017. Annual license renewal with the Village is required even though the tags issued for new pets are for the life of the animal. Pet license registration is $20.
- Replacement tags are only required if existing tags are lost, damaged or illegible.
- Information included in this application is provided to Public Safety and can be invaluable if your pet is lost.
- County Rabies certification information and vaccine expiration date is required to complete license renewals and new licenses. A copy of the certificate, however, is not required.
- Failure to complete requested information may result in a follow up mailing and potential penalty fee for not providing all required information.
Should you prefer to not pay online, other payment methods include:
- Check/Money Order: Make checks/money orders payable to the Village of Glencoe and mail with a copy of your license application to Dept. #3, P.O. Box 88565, Carol Stream, IL 60188-0565. Mailed renewals must be postmarked no later than April 30. You may also drop renewals in the white mailbox outside of Village Hall.
- Credit Card In-Person: Credit card payments are accepted at Village Hall, open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
lf you have any questions, please call the Finance Department at (847) 835-4113